The previous photo shows the TOP5 SmartPhone on Feb 2013: Samsung Galaxy S3, Nokia Lumia, iPhone 5, Google Nexus 4 and Motorola Droid.
1 main winner if we compare Feb 2012 & Feb 2013: Android with Samsung phones over 50% everywhere.
In American countries, the progress of Windows is not significant. Black Berry OS and Symbian are not representing anythink in 2013. In Mexico, the progress of Android in incredible from 25,9 to 55,8 in one year.
In Europe, there is 2 main winners. Of course Android with Samsung phones over 70% in Germany! But also Windows with Nokia phones more that 5% everywhere and more than 6,5% in GB and Germany. In Italy Windows is over than 10% with 13,1%. Symbian is nothing in Europe now. RIM is over 5% in GB and Germany.
- Android continues to grow as iOS and BlackBerry shrink (androidcommunity.com)
- Android And Windows Phone Gain, BlackBerry Loses In Smartphone OS Share According To Kantar (techcrunch.com)
- New Quad Core Android Smartphone from China Challenges Leaders Supremacy (prweb.com)
- Windows Phone Increases US Market Share Ahead Of BlackBerry (techweekeurope.co.uk)
This post is based on an European memo provided on March 26, 2013 about Innovation Union Scoreboard. It provides an overview of the research and innovation performance of EU Member States and associated and neighbouring countries, as measured by the Innovation Union Scoreboard 2013. No surprise, the four leader in Europe are: Sweden, Germany, Denmark and Finland.
What are the main indicators used for the Innovation Union Scoreboard?
The Innovation Union Scoreboard captures a total of 24 different indicators with three main categories:
- Enablers: human resources, open, excellent and attractive research systems, and finance and support.
- Firm activities: firm investments, linkages and entrepreneurship, and intellectual assets.
- Outputs: innovators and economic effects.
Who are the innovation leaders in the European Union?
- Innovation leaders: Sweden, Germany, Denmark and Finland, all show a performance well above that of the EU average.
- Innovation followers: Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, the UK, Austria, Ireland, France, Slovenia, Cyprus and Estonia all show a performance close to that of the EU average.
- Moderate innovators: The performance of Italy, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, Greece, Slovakia, Hungary, Malta and Lithuania is below that of the EU average.
- Modest innovators: The performance of Poland, Latvia, Romania and Bulgaria is well below that of the EU average.
Is the innovation performance of Member States converging?
No global convergence about Innovation in Europe. Two main groups: over 0.550 and below 0.550. A certain convergence for 11 countries : Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Belgium, Ireland, Austria and last & least France.
How does the EU fare in comparison to its international partners?
3 leaders better than Europe with South Korea, United States and Japan as the three main leaders in Innovation.
See the complete European memo
- Ireland is No 1 in Europe for enjoying economic effects of innovation (siliconrepublic.com)
- Sweden again dominates EU innovation ranking (thelocal.se)
- Bulgaria again bottom of EU’s innovation scoreboard (sofiaglobe.com)
- EU Bloc Trails South Korea, US in Innovation (hispanicbusiness.com)