Using the data from December & January, we get the following market share split by platform.
This projection is likely to be somewhat conservative for Android tablets. Display shipments in February are likely to be closer to January’s figures, as compared to December, which puts the iPad’s market share under even more pressure.
In addition to this, rising demand from emerging markets is likely to continue to boost Android tablet shipments. Meanwhile, Windows 8/RT tablets seem to be following in Windows Phone’s footsteps.
See more details
- Android tablets projected to outsell iPad for first time in 2013 (bgr.com)
- 7-inch Android tablets to overtake iPad in Q1 2013, analyst says (androidauthority.com)
- Sales of Apple iPads to be overtaken by Android tablets (telegraph.co.uk)
- Android tablet sales to overtake Apple iPad for first time in 2013: Report (news.in.msn.com)
- Apple’s iPads to fall behind Android tablets this year: IDC (news.yahoo.com)
- BlackBerry has big plans for 2013; Includes tablet and phablet device (mobigyaan.com)